A portable high frequency tympanometer with a comprehensive range of test functions including user defined 226Hz and 1000Hz probe tone impedance measurements and a user programmable range of both ipsi and contra lateral reflex test measurements at 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz and 4kHz.
- Fast, accurate impedance measurements
- Choice of 226Hz or 1000Hz tympanometry probe tone (202-H)
- Programmable ipsilateral reflex tests
- Programmable contralateral reflex tests
- Separate admittance, susceptance and conductance measurements (202-H)
- Totally portable
- Intuitive use
- Large graphics display
- User defined results recording options
Contact us to request a demonstration of this product.
Ease of use
When testing neonates and children, very fast, accurate middle ear measurements are essential. The advanced technology within the Otowave 202-H makes this possible. The Otowave 202-H is also very intuitive to use with on-screen information displayed before, during and after the automatic test.
When using the Otowave 202-H in 226Hz probe tone mode, the compliance peak, compliance peak pressure, gradient and ear canal volume can be measured within seconds.
When using the Otowave 202-H in 1000Hz probe tone mode, users can easily select a preferred display by simply pressing the probe function key to switch between:
- Scalar mode: a traditional admittance tympanogram, as above (Y only compensation)
- Vector mode: a tympanogram displaying B-G compensation
- Component mode: the separate admittance (Y), susceptance (B) and conductance (G) measurements are displayed for clinical review
Acoustic reflex measurements
User-defined ipsi and contra lateral reflex test measurements can be easily added to the test sequence to ensure a comprehensive test routine that is completed in the minimum amount of time.
This user programmable acoustic reflex function includes reflex frequency selection, levels and sensitivity. The large display area facilitates a graphical display of the reflex response and a pass/no response result.
Based upon user requirements, results can be:
- Saved within internal memory with a patient identifier
- Printed via an infra-red connection to the optional portable printer
- Transferred via USB to a PC for viewing and printing using the Amplivox Tympview application
- Transferred via USB to the NOAH database using the Amplivox NOAH impedance module
Usage and portability
Lightweight and compact, the Otowave 202-H is designed to be used as a totally portable ‘go anywhere’ tympanometer and can be used with either alkaline or rechargeable batteries. Additionally the Otowave 202-H can be mains powered if preferred. The Otowave 202-H can also easily be used in a static clinical setting, where its small size is of great benefit when clinic space is at a premium.